Friday, April 27, 2012

kickstarter

At A Fair to Remember on Sunday, I met Laura of Yes & Yes Designs who makes the delightful jewelry shown above out of a genius repurposed material-- old books! Laura was delightful to chat with and shared her Kickstarter with me. Check it out, you can get some sweet jewelry and support a local artisan.

Not into jewelry? Food more your thing?

My friend Russell in Richmond is also doing a Kickstarter for his farm, Ringer Farms. Ringer Farms grows local food for local chefs, food I enjoyed dining on in many of my favorite Richmond restaurants. They recycle beer grains from a local brewery into mulch for their soil and need help purchasing new equipment to keep up with demand and the changing weather patterns they are dealing with. Support Ringer Farms here.

No comments: