Wednesday, July 27, 2011

recipe: fingerling potatoes

The past three weeks have been spent lazing around my (later) childhood home and with my family at the beach. It's been wonderful and now I'm getting ready to spend a week traveling the East Coast (upstate New York, The City, DC and then Richmond) before leaving for the west coast. Two days ago, Partner-in-Crime found us a place so now only the actual moving my things across the country by large truck is left. I'm not sure that I'll have time for writing much over the next few weeks but there are few posts schedule and the Tumblr will be tumbling for quite a while. So my online existance will go on while I barrel down I-80W.

In order to add value to this post and avoid two imageless posts in a week, I give you an entirely simple recipe for roasted fingerling potatoes. I love all potatoes but I am partial to fingerlings. Not just because tomorrow at 7am, technically today, I leave for the Finger Lakes and old Cornell.


[Sliced fingerlings]

[Roasted fingerlings]

Roasted Fingerling Potatoes
Slice potatoes lengthwise, typically into thirds. Roughly 6 potatoes per person.
Toss with olive oil and rosemary.
Roast at 450 for 20 minutes or until the edges are crisp and the centers puffy.

No comments: