Tuesday, May 10, 2011

recipe: frittata

I am not a fan of eggs. I do not eat them scrambled. Or sunny-side up. Or hardboiled. Or omlettes. So it is rather odd that I am going to give you a recipe for eggs that I would consider to be quite successful. Yet, I have 6 people who would tell you that you should make these eggs.

If you like eggs, that is.

As for me, I thought they were good. For eggs.


[I'll admit they look awesome.]


I followed the process for these eggs from The Kitchn, cooking in my typical way of not measuring and changing most of the ingredients. Translating it into a recipe:

Spring Frittata with Green Beans, Squash and Rosemary
1 cup chopped green beans (in 1/4 inch segments)
1 cup diced squash
2 tbsp diced green onions
olive oil
salt & pepper
6 eggs
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
3 sprigs rosemary, roughly chopped

Follow the recipe directions from The Kitchn. Substitute your preferred vegetables and herbs, eggs are very forgiving.

I was nervous making this for a group having never made eggs in any form. It was surprisingly easy and the process is forgiving. I expected the eggs to stick to the pan but as long as you put a good glug of oil in the pan before you pour in the egg/veggie mixture, it will come out easily.

I even ate the eggs, so you know they are good.

No comments: