Friday, January 7, 2011

pizza and beer party

Last weekend a group of "foodie" beer-loving friends joined together to have tasting of beer that turned into a combo pizza and beer party. A classic pairing. We made multiple pizzas, mostly vegetarian, and enjoyed both home brewed and purchased bottles of beer. In addition, we sampled Bubble Vodka, a bubblegum vodka that made a pretty good martini when cut with lots of fresh squeezed lemon and lime juice, with orange garnish.


[Pizza toppings...]


[turned into pizza!]


[An assortment of tasting glasses]


[Gouden Carolus Cuvee Van De Keizer Blauw]
The most expensive beer I've ever bought, but also the most delicious. A Belgian Dark Ale that I picked up at Olio, I will have to get one of the smaller sizes they have so I can drink it in my non-beer drinking house. I'll also have to try other Carolus brews.

No comments: