Monday, April 26, 2010

happy earth day

Working for an environmental nonprofit, I went to several of Earth Day celebrations. I'm not really the hippie-type (see: this blog) but Saturday I lived it up dancing to bluegrass/ old time mountain music (which I love love love all the time), getting henna on my foot and tie-dying. Sunday I headed to DC for brunch with friends and a good time on the Mall for the Climate Rally. I finished the day off with tapas at La Tasca, eaten before I could even think to take photos. Papas bravas y gazpacho- yum!

My contribution to the brunch (on the right.)
Raspberry butter. Aka raspberry jam and butter, blended.
Inspired by Cupcakes and Cashmere's strawberry butter.

Mimosa= brunch requirement.


Art on the National Mall.
Wind Power Earth, designed by Karen Ami.


Another Earth statue, this one with no plaque to inform me of the artist.


And chilling with the whales!

No comments: