Tuesday, April 27, 2010

cupboard cleanse: quick stir-fry

Last Thursday I started my CSA and I still have a healthy amount of veggies in the fridge. I don't have a totally normal CSA in that I still get to pick out what I want but I'm challenging myself to get vegetables I haven't cooked frequently. A stir-fry isn't the most original or challenging but this simple dish was incredibly statisfying and simple.

Stir-fry with Broccoli Rabe, Kale and Cashews
Kale
Broccoli Rabe
Minced garlic (1-2 cloves)
Oil
Red Pepper Flakes
Handful of Cashews

1. Blanch Kale and Broccoli Rabe in boiling water for 2-3 minutes until bright green
2. Heat oil, saute red pepper flakes and garlic.
3. Toss kale and rabe into the oil, cook briefly
4. Add cashews, let become coated with oil

I don't have amounts but I used about half a bunch of kale and a third a bunch of broccoli rabe because that was what I had.

Serve over rice.

No comments: