Wednesday, November 25, 2009

feeling better


The past week I was sick. As in stay-home-from-work sick. My mom and boyfriend were both bummed not to be able to take care of me, but takeout and bowls of ice cream fueled my recovering. (Despite being pretty sure I had the flu, I never had any stomach problems which I considered pretty lucky.)

Now that I'm on the mend, I'm still babying myself. So I decided to make No-Fuss Chicken Soup (yes, I totally made up that name and the recipe.)

No-Fuss Chicken Soup
32 oz chicken broth
Half a rotisserie chicken
1 carrot
Half a yellow onion
Rice noodles
Green onions and cilantro, chopped

Put the chicken broth on the stove and bring to a boil. Add carrot and onion. I cut part of the carrot into long slices and part into small pieces. Do whatever you prefer. Let simmer for a bit to soften.

Chop up the chicken and add to the pot, along with the noodles. Cook for about 5 minutes or until noodles are soft.

Top with green onions and cilantro. Enjoy!

No comments: